[Tig] Primary vs. Secondary! The confusion rages on.

Rob Lingelbach rob
Wed Apr 3 02:23:27 BST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 04:32:06PM -0800, Martin Euredjian wrote:
> > Many of
> > us can appreciate the fact that he didn't tell us what we already know
>
> I find it impressive that with somewhere around 1000 subscribers somebody
> knows what "we already know" or don't know.

you misinterpreted me.  Many of us know that Stan Chayka was the engineer behind
the Sunburst.  That is what I was referring to.

> If posts on the TIG are going to be based on what "we already know" you
> might as well shut down the TIG now.

again, you misinterpret me.  I invite you to shut down the TIG for yourself by
unsubscribing, if there are posts that offend you.

> We all know everything, so there's
> nothing for anyone to say, nothing for anyone to teach and certainly nothing
> for anyone to learn.

speak for yourself.

> Being that I don't know everything.

that contradicts your last statement.

> I also know full well that as terms of
> trade "primary" and "secondary" have been extended to mean a number of
> things outside the strict color-science definitions.

is there something as exact as "strict color-science"?

> So, what is the modern definition of "primary" and "secondary" color
> correction?

it is mutable, fickle.  It means whatever it wants to mean, contextually.

--
Rob Lingelbach                          http://www.alegria.com
Sysadm, Computer Animation Lab            rob at film.calarts.edu
California Institute of the Arts           caltech at calarts.edu