[Tig] Film Effect?

Craig Leffel craig
Fri Mar 8 22:23:29 GMT 2002

Ahh....

Someone picked up on the little detail that was bugging me to no end. This
issue comes up non-stop. To it's remedy, I've seen a dramatic jump in HD 24P
tape jobs that I have been doing. What amazes me is that some folks are
shooting it 4X3 purely for the "look" that 24P delivers. I would argue that
I've never met a piece of tape I couldn't make look better -- and with a
substantial amount of color correction a number of jobs have looked great.
For tape that needs to look like film, it's becoming my number one reco.

Yeah,  TIG as a name might be starting to wear a bit thin..... but please
tell me that we can somehow differentiate between a Telecine and an Elmo
"telecine" and color correction and the "color correction" some desktop PC's
offer.... or am I being snooty?

Craig Leffel
Senior Colorist
Optimus