[Tig] Oop's

Sebastian Sylwan sebastian
Thu Mar 28 09:08:30 GMT 2002

Hi Grant, hi all,

i really want to say (even if it may seem unkind or even silly) that the
wisest amongst us will take your postings as they are and not be offended
by them, but instead try to learn from them as many said in earlier postings.
I personally prefer to hear straight thoughts than marketing (even though
that's officially out of the TIG) and i prefer to talk straight to the
technicians to have an IDEAS exchange.
In Europe where fortunately i am located we are not so afraid of both
"politicallycorrect-ness" and being non offensive or looking stupid (my
first post to the TIG started with "here's my first stupid question").
This is due to a cultural fact an is also because business here is much
smaller than in the US and most people know each other (at least in a
country) so your reputation in not compromised by a single posting.
The whole point if this "not-re-read" and unfiltered post is: "do we really
want to let the rules of the silliest limit our ability to express freely
or we prefer to deal with the hassle of explaining to those who didn't
understand or ignoring those who don't want to understand ?"
In my limited experience people that share openly have had much better
business (let me dare: add "and life") success than those who are checking
how they could take advantage of what you inadvertently said in a public
forum. After all ideas are the only assets that double (or more) at every
exchange. If we exchange a penny we end up with a penny each. With ideas
(and the disposition to listen) we end up with two each.

Please, keep hitting that wrong button. I'll try to do it myself.

Best regards

Sebastian

P.S. There was a part of each of your messages tha "offend" me: As a sailor
the "Black magic" part of your company name reminds me of the new-zealand
team that beat our Italian "Luna Rossa" a**'s off 4 years ago despite
countless nights shouting and praying at my TV set ... We'll see this year...

At 04.36 28/03/2002 +0100, Grant Petty wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I think I just sent a badly written  and unfinished draft of some
>thoughts on the non liner grading issue and post production in general
>before I spell checked it, and even make sure I passed it through a
>"don't offend" anyone filter.
>
>That's the problem with clicking the wrong button these days. It's quite
>easy to wipe out a small country with a misplaced mouse click.
>

>Regards,
>
>Grant
>Blackmagic Design
>

>This email is confidential and privileged. Only the intended recipient
>may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
>delete this email and notify us promptly. I use virus scanning software
>but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment.
>
>Grant Petty
>Blackmagic-Design
>
>Email: grantpetty at blackmagic-design.com
>Web: http://www.blackmagic-design.com

Sebastian Sylwan                                           sebastian at vrmmp.it
Direttore Tecnologico - Chief Technology Officer           Tel. +390112271211
Virtual Reality & Multi Media Park S.p.A.                 http://www.vrmmp.it