[Tig] Posting on the TIG ... or any other list

Jeff Heusser jeff
Thu Mar 28 04:44:17 GMT 2002

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 07:54  PM, Grant Petty wrote:
> I agree with part of that. I had a situation years ago when I fixed
> telecine's, and I asked a question about tube grain or something
> similar, (it was a long time ago) and the competition post facility
> used it in their marketing.

There was an episode on flame-news years back where someone posted a
question about how to approach a particular effect.  At the time
flame-news was pretty open and people shared.  A competitor who was also
bidding the job printed out the email and went to the client with "why
would you work with them they don't know what they're doing".  I know
that once the news of that came out many people really backed off what
they posted and it changed things.

My memory could be off but I seem to recall the client was disgusted by
the sleazy attempt to sway them with that information and gave the
poster the job... but as I say a few brain cells have passed since then
and  I may have that wrong.

Jeff
---
Jeff Heusser   jeff at neonmargarita.com
http://www.neonmargarita.com

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology,
in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."
Carl Sagan