[Tig] Farnsworth, Zworykin et al.

Rob Lingelbach rob
Wed May 29 22:22:40 BST 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 04:16:12PM -0500, Jeff Kreines wrote:

> I read that piece, and was quite annoyed at Gladwell's (the writer)
> conclusion -- that inventors should only work for large corporate
> entities, because those entities can provide them with support -- legal,
> financial, technical -- that they'd otherwise lack.

yes I was annoyed by that too, and already traded some email with
another tig subscriber who felt that way.   It's a sort of
cynicism, isn't it.  And is it a revisionist viewpoint, i.e.
perhaps Farnsworth was motivated by passions on a plane quite
separate from that of profit?

--
Rob Lingelbach                          http://www.alegria.com
Sysadm, Computer Animation Lab            rob at film.calarts.edu