[Tig] 35mm neg weave in telecine

Craig Nichols cnichols
Thu Apr 3 04:24:26 BST 2003

I used to see this type of lateral warp on dailies negative fresh from the
lab, and if we ran it through ultrasonic Trichlor or Perc cleaner it would
usually flatten out.  I'm not sure if this works as well with the HFE
cleaner.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Burton [mailto:mburton at cuttingedge.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 5:55 PM
To: Chris Swinbanks; rich at torpey.com
Cc: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: RE: [Tig] 35mm neg weave in telecine

We had this problem a while back. It's not the telecine as we had the same
results on Vialta and Shadow. We sent test films to Kodak for analysis and
they confirmed that it was laterally warped. Although we were never 100%
sure, it came down in the end to drying time between processing and
cleaning.