[tig] 4x3 HD Monitors

Nichols Craig Craig.Nichols
Tue Feb 3 15:21:31 GMT 2004

Some of the mid range Sony HD monitors are 4x3 glass with a removable 16x9
bezel.  I am biased towards Sony for most everything.  Barco makes, or made
4x3 HD monitors that were only fair. Ikegami also had a 4x3 HD, as did JVC,
but I would rate these as lower middle end.

My views are my own, coming from past experience, and may not reflect the
views of my employer.  I get no compensation of any  monitor manufacturers.

Craig Nichols
Sr. Technical Support Engineer / Film
Thomson Broadcast Media Solutions
2255 N. Ontario St.
Suite 150
Burbank, CA 91504
818-729-7720 office direct
800-847-8949 emergency
Craig.Nichols at thomson.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Booth [mailto:jeff.booth at sohoimages.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 3:48 AM
To: TIG (E-mail)
Subject: [tig] 4x3 HD Monitors

thanks to Digital Vision AB for supporting the TIG.
--

Has anyone come across a 4x3 HD Monitor?

I hear they exist, but thought I'd ask...

Jeff Booth
Soho Images

Soho Images Film Laboratory Digital Post, 8 - 14 Meard Street, London W1F
0EQ
tel: (+44) 020 7437 0831  fax: (+44) 020 7734 9471 web:
http://www.sohoimages.com
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject
to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail.
Soho 601 Images Film Laboratory Digital Post cannot accept responsibility
for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and
recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to
use.

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising
or marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.