[tig] 2 perf

Richardson, Ian ian.richardson
Tue Jun 15 07:42:37 BST 2004

There has been a comedy feature completed 'downunder' using 2 perf via a Vialta
digitising direct to the timeline under 422 control from a HD Cinewave Mac
[422 uncompressed] then colour correction with DaV 2K with the cinewave Mac
as a source deck recording on a second cinewave system for finals and Data out.
I gave a short paper at the last Aust SMPTE re this cost effective real
time workflow. The results on the big screen were
very very acceptable.   No Videotape.
I am a Big fan of 2 perf and its relationship with HD. Next one will be
444 realtime dual HD 10 bit log............

Cheers,
Ian Richardson
DP Sydney