[tig] When to change the photo Multiplier tubes?

Richardson, Ian ian.richardson
Wed Jun 23 05:08:34 BST 2004

Hi Stuart et all,
Yes they do age. they lose gain.  If they are that old, change now......
can cause improper burn compensation and shading on later ITK equipped machines
due the the loss of output falling beyond the circuit design parameters.
There is a good case for top performance to change PEC's with each tube replacement.

cheers
Ian Richardson
DP Syd