[TIG] sticky rollers

Graham Collett grahamcollett
Sun Jun 27 11:32:57 BST 2004

In the early days San Lab did look at giving a dollar for the old ptr's
and re-using them but this turned out to be not cost effective ...  The
sticky tape does not take off the surface but some tape has a risk of
leaving its glue on the ptr. This is not good for the film. There is one
specific tape that has been proved ok, I'll find out the name and let
everyone know. The ptr's have a microscopic groove machined into them.
Its this that makes them so effective ..  so skimming them would remove
this property and render them useless.
Hope this helps

Graham Collett
Sprockets(telecine) Ltd
www.sprockets-telecine.co.uk

--

I have always washed my PTRs to clean them, as i was told by various
engineers and colourists that using sticky tape to clean the dirt from

dave gibson
digipost

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising or
marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org. For