[tig] dual link modes

Gary Adams garyada
Thu Sep 2 02:14:40 BST 2004

Based on the terms mentioned in this message, it sounds like the question
was related to "Dual Sync" and not "Dual Link".

Dual Link generally means the ability to pass a 444 RGB instead of 422 YUV
signal from source to destination using two SDI cables and connections.
This applies to both SD and HD SDI interfaces.  There are disk recorders and
VTR devices alike that are capable of recording such signals.  If the
question is more complicated than that, I am not the person to answer.

If the question was referring to "Dual Sync", then I can help.  The ability
to synchronize 23.98 Psf, Single or Dual Link along with 29.97 SDI, may
utilize the TLC which is capable of doing just that.  This does require
special sync generation equipment.

Best Regards, Gary Adams, da Vinci Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org]On
Behalf Of Mail Delivery System
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:04 PM
To: tig at snowball.calarts.edu
Subject: [tig] (formerly Mail delivery failed: returning message to
sender)

thanks to Jim Lindelien for supporting the TIG.
--

please note these more realistic headers.  the mail went into a loop and was
recomposed today.

From: saul at tvi.com.mx
Subject: dual link modes
To: "telecine internet group" <tig at tig.colorist.org>

WAT IT MINDS THE DUAL LINK, IS THIS PROCESS ONLIALLY FOR THE 444 RGB, OR
MAY I USE THIS FOR CONTROLER BY THE TLC, BOTH FORMATS 24P AND 29.97SDI
THANKS.

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising
or marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.