[tig] "Grace" film grain reducer?

sklein54 at earthlink.net sklein54
Sat Sep 4 14:53:46 BST 2004

Regarding the Cintel "Grace" grain reducer, a TV show client of mine is going from 16mm neg to 24P Hi-Def and was provided a test of this device at their transfer house in Canada. It looked to me that it took film grain out while creating no recursive type frame averaging (drag). There was some softening of the high frequency information in the picture but not horrible. Can someone tell me their experiences using this box, both at the film transfer stage and from tape to tape?
Thanks