[tig] Cyan Dye Tracks

Antony Olivier antony.olivier
Mon Sep 20 09:18:52 BST 2004

Hi Maria,

It's right that the white light will not be enought for the Cyan tracks.
After tests here, we saw that we might loss around 12db, and win some noise !

We can still hear the sound, but it is unaccepteable for a mastering !!

I had already contacted Cintel, but they have nothing ready for the moment, maybe for the beginning of the next year !
Anyway they said that they should add an external reader or find a filter system for the actual reader, but they will not develop a huge hardware.

Unfortunatly I didn't contact Thomson yet about this problem but I will do it very soon.

But it's right that the vialta is correctly equipped ( for the high magenta, it was working well ).

Telecine factories say that the main part of their customers using a telecine for negative transfert only and not for positive transfert.
But there is also a lot of work in laboratories for positive film ( transfert of trailers for tv's, transferts of original versions films for sub-titling or dubbing, ... )

So please give us a way to read Cyan Dye Tracks correctly !

Antony OLIVIER

Film & Video Technical Supervisor
Studio l'Equipe
Tel : +32 2 702 08 23