[Tig] Re: GraphicsMagick and DPX

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Mon Jul 25 04:45:51 BST 2005

The latest GraphicsMagick development snapshot (1.2.020050721 or
later) supports reading and writing DPX files with YCbCr encoding.
Rec 601 and Rec 709 luma are supported.  4:4:4 and 4:2:2 encoding are
supported.  Alpha is supported.

The only deficiencies I am currently aware of are:

  o Below-black and above-white is clipped since YCbCr is transformed
    to full-range RGB rather than Rec 709 "studio" RGB.  A later
    version may offer a "studio" RGB mode.

  o 4:2:2 subsampling is slow.

Development snapshots may be downloaded from
"ftp://ftp.graphicsmagick.org/pub/GraphicsMagick/snapshots/".

Currently only source packages are available for this snapshot.
Windows binaries are pending.

Please let me know about any problems encountered.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn