[Tig] Have cell phone? Make a movie ....

Pat Howley pat.howley
Thu Feb 2 18:51:58 GMT 2006

Maybe they should bump it up to 4K to preserve the quality for future
generations.  I just alerted our product development team to consider a
grading system for cell phones.

Pat Howley
Director of Sales, Americas
Digital Vision/Nucoda
Mobile: +1 323 317-1476
Office: +1 818 769-8111
pat.howley at digitalvisionusa.com
www.digitalvision.se

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org]
On Behalf Of Jack James
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:53 AM
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: re: [Tig] Have cell phone? Make a movie ....

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack James [mailto:jack at surrealroad.com]
Sent: 02 February 2006 17:53
To: 'Jeff Booth'

It strikes me as odd that $160k is not enough to pay for even a basic
video
camera. Seriously, this has "gimmick" written all over it. I seriously
can't
believe Spielberg (for example), turning around and going, hey guys,
we've
got this all wrong. We should be filming everything on cellphones to get
that gritty look we want.
I think it's a safe bet that they didn't film the credit roller using a
cellphone either...