[Tig] TIG layout/operation

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Feb 7 13:13:35 GMT 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:38:22 +0530, Rob Lingelbach wrote
> what is necessary first is that your MUA knows MIME,
> which is now 10 years old, and I think every MUA
> does.  second is that its MIME implementation
> understands multipart/digest, which if it doesn't,
> then it isn't MIME-compliant.

and here is the applicable section from RFC822:

>>From section 7.1.5 of
<draft-ietf-822ext-mime-imt-05.txt>:

        Note: Though it is possible to specify a Content-Type value
        for a body part in a digest which is other than
        "message/rfc822", such as a "text/plain" part containing a
        description of the material in the digest, actually doing so
        is undesireble. The "multipart/digest" Content-Type is
        intended to be used to send collections of messages. If a
        "text/plain" part is needed, it should be included as a
        seperate part of a "multipart/mixed" message.

Rob Lingelbach   http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html   rob at calarts.edu