[Tig] RE: Display calibration for Linux

Graham Collett grahamcollett
Tue Feb 7 22:22:07 GMT 2006

I'll find the written facts and be back, certainly black response is an
issue.

Graham Collett
Sprockets(telecine) Ltd
www.sprockets-telecine.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Friesenhahn [mailto:bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us]
Sent: 07 February 2006 20:10
To: Kai-Uwe Behrmann
Cc: Graham Collett; tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: RE: [Tig] RE: Display calibration for Linux

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Am 07.02.06, 19:23 -0000 schrieb Graham Collett:
>
>> Its seems to me that even the top of the range 750 .. Even has
>> consumer spec's ... Do they have a "professional" model ? Or better
>> still do they have a broadcast model ?
>
> What is the point? Does you refere to black point responses? I found
> no complaints so far, but would clearly be interessted if some
> substancied appear.

Maybe Graham is more used to higher end instruments like those from
Photo Research (http://www.photoresearch.com/).  But since all he has
done is complain without offering details, it is difficult to be sure.
:-)

I suspect that at this point, most Linux users would be happy if they
could obtain a reasonable measurement at all.

Bob