[Tig] More digital projector questions

Floor Bos floor
Thu Feb 9 11:51:30 GMT 2006

Hi Marc,

This 10k$ projector you are talking about is the Sony VPL-VW-100. The
guys at sony (the netherlands) told us that it is based on the Qualia,
but the lamp is about half the strength and there is no interchangable
lens, thus not allowing anamorph projection. Also there is no HD-SDI,
only HDMI/DVI and Component. It is native 1920x1080.

We use it to drive our Baselight suite and calibrate it using the
Filmlight probe. In our mini-cinema (22seats) we use a Sony Qualia
mainly because it has more ansi lumen.

Cheers,
Florentijn Bos
Colorist - Filmmore Amsterdam