[Tig] Superman Returns - IMAX 3D

SKIADCOCK at aol.com SKIADCOCK
Tue Jul 4 07:35:42 BST 2006

I received the following (see below)  from a (non-industry) colleague.  I
emailed him a somewhat decent response, but figured you all would do much better
than me..any input appreciated.

My biz colleague...

"I was disappointed by the way the 3D looked. Since many of the action
sequences were converted, everything appeared blurry and without detail (to me at
least). I was sitting pretty much dead center of the theater and a couple
friends sitting near the outer edge of the theater said they had no problems. The
part where he runs through the corn field especially looked bad to me. And
during the shuttle/airplane sequence, it was nearly impossible to tell what was
going on.

The other problem I had with the IMAX was the graininess of the film. I
thought when they convert a movie to the larger film size, they would not lose any
resolution. I don't recall seeing much grain when I went to see Harry Potter
and the Prisoner of Azkaban on the "big" (i.e. IMAX) screen. Of course, that
wasn't in 3D so maybe there is a noticeable problem with 3D converted movies?"

Cheers - and for those in the U.S., Happy 4th of July!  Sharon...