[Tig] Shadow or Datamill

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Nov 24 16:05:14 GMT 2006

> I cannot speak for images produced by the Shadow, but I will
> proudly stand
> behind the incredibly sharp, stunningly saturated, romantic and filmic
> images from the Millennium.  I do tons of SD, HD and minimal 2k
> scanning.
> The resolution and color reproduction from this machine is
> unbelievable.

I too, after 6 years working with Spirits, was absoloutely enthralled
by the images
from a well-tuned Millennium, which I found in New Zealand a couple
of years ago.
It was like, to me, WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING -- this is what I've
been missing with
Spirits.    I couldn't get enough of the pictures from this
particular Millennium and the
Spriit was like blah.     (although, you can take Spirit blah and
make it look great; only
problem is it doesn't have that depth, that perspective that the best
tube machine has).

I don't work for nor receive any money or promotional considerations
from Thomson/GV
or from Cintel or (ITK).   This is a completely unbiased opinion.

Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html