[Tig] Sony HDSDI interface

Glenn Gundlach stratus46 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 16:44:18 BST 2006

TIG is supported by subscribers.
see http://tig.colorist.org for
donation button interface.  Thanks to
everyone listed at
http://www.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/Supporters
--
I worked for DAV when they were doing the Cineglyph design and they
used the only HD SDI available at the time. Nobody likes to design in
Sony parts because they fail too often and you're at Sony's mercy that
they won't stop making the devices - like 1601/1601 chips. So, please
be ticked off at the source of the problem, not the guy caught in the
middle.

And if you're referring to another Dav, well that boat is taking on
water too.

Glenn Gundlach

 Hi Geoff
 these are the same HD SDI modules that are used in The Dav 2K inputs
 yup they do fail...... and yup Dav charges the earth for them.

 I  did not get any joy in trying to get  a replacement from 'Sony'
 ....I thought it might be cheaper
 to 'go direct'.
 Mmmmm
 If you want it 'repaired'  ha ha.

 Ahh...... for the old days when honesty reigned and you could effect a

 reasonable repair by not
 changing 'modules'
 but purchasing replacement 'chips'

 It makes me want to go back to Film

 Cheers
 Richo

Geoff cooper wrote:

> TIG is supported by subscribers.
> see http://tig.colorist.org for
> donation button interface.  Thanks to
> everyone listed at
http://www.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/Supporters
> --
>

> Has anyone had failure of Sony HDSDI inputs?
> Could this be another SBX-1601/2 situation?
>
> Our HDCam recorder (HDW-F500) had an input failure, traced to a
module
> RX-46, a plug-in "option" of the DIF-91 card.
> The option is called "HK-202".
> It's also used on the CRT monitor input card (BKM-41HD)
>
> Sony have no spare part no. for this module.
> They say it's a "sales" item.
> Sony sales have no stock and no date for supply!
>
> "Fortunately", I'm waiting on a new tube for the HD monitor.
> That's another story, 2 months and waiting...
> So when/if the tube arrives, we have no input!!
>
> Is it me, or are Sony struggling to support their HD products?
>
> Geoff Cooper
>

> Chief Engineer
>
> Molinare London

Delete Reply Forward Spam Move...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages
Save Message Text | Full Headers
Check Mail Compose
 	Search Mail Search the Web

Copyright © 1994-2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service
- Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines - Ad Feedback
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more abo