[Tig] Universal Color Metadata challenge

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Sep 5 03:21:39 BST 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 10:59 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> Nice article.  From everything I have read and heard it seems to be
> right on the money except for the idea that one of the major vendors
> should take sole responsibility for solving the problem.

The concept of a colorgrading metadata standard is relevant, but
could it be achieved without stifling internecine progress through
compeitiion?  Standards sometimes pave the way with a flawed pattern,
such as not to be discovered until much later-- de facto standards
especially, such as those that have prevailed in the desktop PC
environment.  Let any such conceivable 'standard' take into
consideration all that might be discovered in the time before such a
standard is revised.
--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org