[Tig] Universal Color Metadata challenge

timothy norman huber timothyhuber at mac.com
Wed Sep 5 03:33:43 BST 2007

Nice post Stu.

Doesn't have to be metadata.  How about a color-centric API ala RIB.
All color data,  LUTs, 3D LUTS, primary, secondaries, selections,
blurs, vignettes, splines, etc get fed into a file and remains
separate from the image until the final render.     The metadata
could point to the CC_file.

Since one of your beefs about the current situation is the effect on
VFX elements, it would be nice to have compositing data (z?, layers)
along for the ride as well.   Who wants to write the code?

On Sep 4, 2007, at 6:21 PM, Stu Maschwitz wrote:

> I have just posted an article on my blog about what I feel is a
> tremendously important issue facing the film industry right now, and
> it relates to all of you.  I would appreciate any thoughts or
> feedback from this group.

timothy norman huber
Colorist
Switch Studios