[Tig] Universal Color Metadata challenge

Stu Maschwitz 5tu at theorphanage.com
Wed Sep 5 17:04:47 BST 2007

On 070905, at 1:08 AM, TSassoon at aol.com wrote:

> Which no-one in their right mind should be doing as a precorrection
> for VFX plates

Of course -- but colorists do it like crazy after-the-fact, and I'd
like to see what that might look like if the shot's still in play at
my end.

Yes, there is the danger of a sort of pendulum effect with the kind
of collaboration I'm proposing -- the colorist brightens up a CG
element under a mask, and then the artist sees that and "corrects"
for it at his end.  But hell, even then, at least we're communicating!

The unfolded color cube images we use to yoink LUTs are pretty
standard -- NUKE can generate them at various resolutions.

-Stu