[Tig] Comparing DI Graders

Ken Metzker kenmetzker at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:49:21 BST 2007

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone might give some insight, advantages and disadvantages (on or off list) of the DaVinci Resolve and Baselight grading systems. I am coming from a DaVinci 2K and Lustre background. I know the general specs of the machines and am mostly interested in feedback from colourist working on the systems in the DI environment. Feedback on how intuitive are the machines are? When you are doing work if they are feeling "clunky" or if once you get use to the systems you can move quite quickly through both simple and complex timings. How easy is it following complex shapes. Etc, etc?

Cheers,
Ken Metzker