[Tig] Table Editing introduced to the TIG wiki

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Sep 21 05:03:02 BST 2007

I've added a "table editing" feature to the TIG wiki.

This allows the use of the following syntax:

<newTableEdit>
heading 1
heading 2
</newTableEdit>

which will add a table to the existing (or new) wiki page, and most
importantly, allow the registered user to edit the table.  See the page
http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/TODO   for a very mundane
example.
for an example, at the bottom.

To clarify how this can be used:

we used to have, painstakingly created by David Tosh, a table/index
of films done via DI around the world.  This table data was lost in a
years-ago system crash.  We also lost an extensive table of
"worldwide telecines."  This last was very useful for facilities to
trumpet their capabilities.

I would propose that we create a new category on the wiki called
something like "Color Grading Resources" that would list, (just off
the top of my head) as headings, the following:

facility_name   facility_location  resources(equipment)  personnel
output_format input_format credits

as 7 possible headings for the table.   Please feel free here to
suggest others or reject mine in favor of better ones.   This type of
table could be extremely useful for engineers, colorists, and even
clients, and as it is rooted in the wiki, can be edited by any
registered TIG wiki user.

Dave T., do you have any spare time?  :]
Cem O., what do you think?

regards
Rob Lingelbach
TIG admin