[Tig] OT symbol for camera

Dominic Case cased at atlab.com.au
Thu Apr 3 23:33:13 BST 2008

This symbol has always looked like a Hasselblad to me. A Rolleiflex is a
twin-lens reflex camera.

Many of these road signs seem to use traditional(or even obsolete) symbols.
The "camera" symbol for speed cameras here in Australia is a traditional
SLR, front-on, which isn't too bad: but the symbol for a rail crossing is
still a steam engine, and our "historic site" symbol on tourist direction
signs (and maps) is the traditional English castle complete with
battlements. A trifle odd in a country where historic sites are more likely
to be thousands-of-years-old aboriginal cave paintings or rock carvings. 

Meanwhile, I'm surprised there is a need for a camera symbol on the London
sign at all, in a city where there are apparently as many CCTV cameras as

Dominic Case
Atlab Australia

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 

More information about the Tig mailing list