[Tig] Holographic Drive at NAB

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Mon Apr 21 20:20:15 BST 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 9:49 PM, Jeff Heusser wrote:

> I'd argue the need of museums is of course huge but the average human
> with music, photos, movies, etc is also a prime market for a cheap,
> reliable option for archival.

Right, I think they're separate needs; the amount of film- number of
titles needing preservation, restoration- just at UCLA is almost
beyond comprehension, and the Lib of Congress has more.  So the
difference in scale and effort ... is more than huge.

just took a look at the FAQ for checking out titles at UCLA Film/TV
archives- they state that they're using VHS... this must be outdated, at

http://www.cinema.ucla.edu/access/arscfaq.html

last I knew, Jod Soraci was working as colorist at UCLA Film/TV -
perhaps he's reachable via someone here and can comment.   UCLA is
building a new facility across from CalArts in Valencia to keep up
with the LofC which has its new facility in Culpeper VA.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html