[Tig] position available, Burbank CA
rob at colorist.org
Thu Jan 24 23:51:50 GMT 2008
The following is on the TIG classifieds at
Ascent Media Group is the world-wide leader in providing media
services to content owners in post-production, media asset management
and content distribution made available through the company’s
services segments: Ascent Media Creative Services and Ascent Media
Network Services. Among the services offered are telecine, online and
offline editing, visual effects, sound editorial and mixing, digital
asset management, uplink services, distribution to foreign broadcast
and video-on-demand. These services are offered on a global basis
through over 100 facilities in five countries, provided by more than
This comprehensive media services platform provides clients with one-
stop shopping for all of their needs from the creation of the asset
through its distribution. The range of benefits includes efficiencies
in the procurement cycle, access to a full range of media services,
and consistent quality of service on a global basis. The company
enjoys a strong reputation among its many clients, in part due to the
exceptional group of creative talent within the company, whose work
have been recognized with 20 Academy Awards and 30 Emmy Awards.
We are seeking a Director, Imaging Systems for our Burbank, CA facility.
The position directs Telecine and video systems service, support and
refitting in a large, full-service, media-centric post-production
• Supervise and analyze Telecine and Scanner image acquisition.
• Deploy, maintain and support Color Correct bays, linear and non-
linear record and playback systems.
• Deploy, maintain and support Mastering, (including DRS, ASC, AGR)
and Standards Conversion.
• Deploy, maintain and support theatrical screening and DI mastering
• Advise and direct: Digital Cinema Mastering; linear and non-linear
Audio re-mastering; linear and non-linear Editing; linear and non-
linear Syndication; Encoding and Transcoding; Optical, videotape,
data tape and HD duplication and an extensive QC environment.
• Familiarity with DVD Mastering a plus.
• Must be familiar with the technical support of all aspects of
Telecine production including Dailies.
• Must be familiar with colorspace and LUT management.
• Must be familiar with the DI process.
• Must be familiar with the I/O requirements of Digital Asset
• Must be familiar with all broadcast and post production Operating
• Familiarity with film recording devices a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years technical experience in the film and video
• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in the film and video field.
• CAD proficiency a requirement.
• BS Degree in Engineering preferred
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical,
dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), company
health screenings and more.
To apply for this position please visit our website at http://
Ascent Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The difference between literature and journalism is that journalism
is unreadable and literature is not read.
Rob Lingelbach http://www.colorist.org 50°28'26.55"N
More information about the Tig