[Tig] Blu-Ray

Simon Cuff Simon.Cuff at digitalvision.se
Wed Aug 5 17:45:38 BST 2009

One of the considerations are noise and detail management. As you grade you will increase the amplitude of the noise and this can cause encoding issues where you are stealing bits from the picture to encode the noise. Noise reduction combined with sharp cut-off frequency filtering can improve the picture quality by as much as 25%.

Now stand by for the blatant plug. We make such a processor either for HD signal processing DVNR or for software processing DVO. See www.digitalvision.se

The DVO options are also in the Sonic Solutions Blu Ray encoder but for more control we would recommend you do this processing upstream of the grading.

Simon Cuff
Digital Vision