[Tig] Hollywood versus the World

Nextgen nextgn at ptd.net
Fri Aug 14 12:50:07 BST 2009

Back in the early 70's when we were doing demonstrations of our color
correction system, we used to point out that you could set a reference base
for the 'East Coast' or the 'West Coast' look and run the material with each
reference to make a release version that was region considerate.

The demand to have the 'product' appearance consistent while shifting flesh
tones either beach tan or a north east healthy pink, is what inspired us to
create the palette system with the first 6 vector secondary correction
facilities.

It was a significant improvement for commercial productions as they were the
reason that precise color correction actually became an industry.

Stan Chayka