[Tig] camera thoughts (was: Re: RED workflow)

Michael Bittle mlbnyc at verizon.net
Tue Mar 31 20:18:30 BST 2009

I think there's also a "false economy" with Red in specific in that
the entry price is low, production costs (camera wise) are low... and
it all blows up in post.. but since nothing is established, no
condition is permanent, no-one is getting billed for the "overages" of
figuring the whole mess out - every time, since every time seems to be
different. So it's slow and painful for all, but true costs are under
the radar.  We spend a not-insignificant amount of overhead just
testing and trying to stay one step ahead.... funded, of course, by
film.

IMHO,

Mike