[Tig] nine sixteenths of a second

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Tue May 5 13:38:38 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 02:19 +0300, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> if it was shot at 24 interlace, then 13 frames and 1 field would equal
> 9/16?
> woke up in the middle of the night with that thought.

I've never seen a sporting event not broadcast at full frame rate so I
think it's more likely to be a misprint of 9/15ths (or 18 frames).  It
seems whenever I read something in the popular press about a subject
with which I'm familiar, I notice mistakes, omissions, and bad
explanations.  Friends of mine have the same observation, and it appears
to hold true for everyone no matter what field their expertise is.

owen