[Tig] World map, google earth

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri May 8 12:46:08 BST 2009

On May 8, 2009, at 10:22 AM, Carl Skaff wrote:

> It would be cool to actually do a GoogleEarth-map showing (in
> layers) were, lets say, all Resolve, 2K+, 888, Luster, Flame,
> BaseLight, Spirit, DiTTo, Arri Laser, Arri Scanner, Nucoda, Scratch,
> RedOne, 35mm-Camera, 16mm-Camera, Avid, FCP etc etc are in the world.

Hi Carl,

we already have googlemaps on the TIG wiki, it would be easy for me to
create the wiki code for GoogleEarth.

But keep in mind that though we've had the Facility Page for about a
year, we probably only have about a 30% participation
factor.   However, when you're talking about direct sales competition,
the GoogleEarth plugin might attract more interest.

> So if there is a board google-earth-geek out there with some free
> time. Feel free to start the treasure map. You can call it the "TiG-
> Map" (Telecine In Google-Map).

consider it accepted by your TIG administrator.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org