[Tig] Blackmagic UltraScope

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Wed May 27 01:52:40 BST 2009

>So.... Can this scope be used in grading suites or not?

That's a question only you can answer.

The quick look I had at NAB showed a display reasonably comparable to the
Leader 7700 series rasterizers (which I think work just fine in just about any
application - I own one), but I didn't spend a great deal of time looking at
it for accuracy or anything else, really.

If they make a PCExpress interface for my laptop, I'll have a careful look.
But I'm not about to drag around a full PC to working sets as life support for
a single lane PCIe card, even at $700 for a scope.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.