[Tig] Fwd: Are you the colorist tig moderator?

Craig Leffel craig at optimus.com
Sat May 30 01:11:03 BST 2009

I've done quite a few projects lately where we've had Phantom, Red and
35mm Film in the same timeline. Most often it's Phantom and Film,
sometimes Red and film. I've found that setting a similar white point in
all the digital footage helps quite a bit in this case. We then render
everything out as Log and bring it into a Baselight timeline that's been
formatted as Video. We end up with quite a bit of range with Log, and
since it's a WYSIWYG setup, everyone can see how things line up.

I wouldn't call it easy, but for TV, we're making it work without too
much headache. I don't do any direct to Digital Cinema work where we
explicitly color correct for that display space.

CL