[Tig] film vs other

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Sat May 30 21:18:27 BST 2009

>Some of my Phantom post experience was high speed for pyro.
>On a jury rigged stereo config.
>I had to manually sync the left right footage.

Well, yes. Genlocking Phantoms for 3D work is not a simple task, and without
that, you get what you got.

But there's a reason for that, and it's the same reason that a lot of stuff
needs to be cleaned up after the fact: productions won't hire the competent
technical professionals required to make sure things go right.

Some of the time, it's because they don't know any better. Most of the time,
the reason is financial: even when they're told of potential problems, they'd
much rather foist it off on the post producer so it impacts that budget and
not production's. The rest of the time...

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.