[Tig] Printerlights

sayom dogonthemoon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:33:14 GMT 2010

On 10/12/2553 17:10, Carl Skaff wrote:
> Digital Vision is patron of the TIG.
> Colorist Directory at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki/Category:Colorist
> ====
>
> In the old days the labs used an Analyzer to report to the DoP how the
> exposure was on the neg.
> They had a setting they called 25/25/25 that was used for correctly
> exposed footage. And if they needed
> to turn it up to 28/28/28 that ment it was underexposed by one stop.
>
> (Well, you know were I'm heading. I could very well we wrong about the
> details but you probably understand what o mean)
>
> How is this done nowadays? If you are using a scanner and a DI pipeline.
>
> Any comments appreciated.
>

> /Carl
>

> (Sent from mobile device)
>

> Carl Skaff
> ___________________________
> Head of Telecine
> Stockholm Postproduction
> www.stopp.se
> phone: +46 8 50 70 35 00
> fax: +46 8 32 77 22

As I am DoP not a colorist, I have the lab report to me the old way. The
lab
just put the neg to their machine and see what printer light is. They do
not have to
really print the workprint. From DoP perspective, this is the way I can
ensure that
the shot was shot OK.

This is just my own approach to this problem.

Regards,
Sayombhu Mukdeeprom
Director of Photography
Thailand Base