[Tig] auto align not performing well and the CRT beam appears in the whole face plate line a full moon

Mr Shukkra shukkra at yahoo.in
Mon Jan 11 13:05:21 GMT 2010

Hello everyone

In our URSA GOLD telecine machine the AUTO ALIGN is not performing well. I have attached the pictures of the waveform monitor in the attachments.

[ Note from admin: I extracted the 1 attachment received and
uploaded to the wiki:
http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/File:Waveform_crt.jpg .
A 1MB attachment to 2000+ recipients on the mailinglist is unmanageable.
-- Rob, TIG admin.]

Another one problem is, normally the CRT BEAM looks like a letter box in the center of CRT. But in our telecine machine crt the beam looks like FULL MOON bright. I mean the beam appears in the entire crt.

This problem happened Saturday ( 9th jan 2010) at the time of telecine machine switching ON for start the job as usually.

I was checked all the power supplies are proper and this problem happening in the both gates ( 35mm & 16mm), the -200v, -15v & +15v in the brimar blanking amplifier ( neck pcb in the crt)

If anyone help me for solve the problem then it is very thankfull.

Thanks & kind regards

Ravi