[Tig] "Prysm" display technology

Terry Lockhart terry at finishedit.com
Thu Jan 14 15:58:49 GMT 2010

Quoted from Digital Signage web page:
http://www.digitalsignageweekly.com/article/39114.aspx

Dana Corey and Team Launch Prysm
“Prysm is the leading provider of ecovative Laser Phosphor Displays (LPDs) for large format applications. LPD's innovative eco-friendly design offers the lowest power consumption and environmental impact with free form flexibility, long-lasting performance and brilliant picture quality.”

--
Would be nice to know the timeframe to market- typical vaporware as of this announcement.
That said, it seems to me there is lots of potential here. I speculate it may turn out to be easy to emulate a CRT look. I wonder what the phosphor burn-in issues might be? What sort of gamut from these phosphors?

Of course, all standard disclaimers apply.

--
Terry Lockhart
Chief Engineer/IT manager

direct/vm 617 850 6133
main  617 292 0082 or 850 6100
fax   617 292 0083
cel 617 775 3195
<terry at finishedit.com>
<www.finishedit.com>

Finish Editorial is a member of the Soundtrack Group:

“Shooting digital does not save any money but it does move the costs into someone else’s budget” -- Ray Feeney