[Tig] "Prysm" display technology

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Jan 14 17:45:55 GMT 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Terry Lockhart wrote:

> That said, it seems to me there is lots of potential here. I
> speculate it may turn out to be easy to emulate a CRT look. I wonder
> what the phosphor burn-in issues might be? What sort of gamut from
> these phosphors?

I don't see any reason to expect the phosphor to behave considerably
differently than a CRT tube in terms of burn-in and gamut.

The main differentiating issues will be with laser beam energy
intensity (more energy allows use of quicker phosphor), phosphor
response time, and refresh rate.

Unlike a CRT, the phosphor does not need to be maintained in a vaccum,
but one would imagine that it may need to be well protected from the
environment.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn