[Tig] When to Crop the full gate sacn dpx

Mark Randal mark.indyfilmout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:36:19 GMT 2010

Hello Liao,

Corping the image to save the storage, I feel its not good way to go.

As we know for
4 perf source, res should be 2048x1556,
3 perf source, res should be 2048x1168,

Better to maintain above res though out the DI workflow and set parameters
in the film recorder with the image process and output geomentry.

Mark.
mark at indyfilmout.com
mark.indyfilmout at gmail.com

www.indyfilmout.com
digital film transfer lab.

Hi Liao

Are you sure that they won't reposition some shots while colour grading?
The amount of times a director shoots something for a specific aspect ratio
and actually manages to keep ALL of his or her shots intact without repo is
seldom (but that's from personal experience).

Cheers!

Cem Ozkilicci
Colourist
Platige Image / Warsaw