[Tig] Fwd: Fantastic footage ...from a Streetcar in 1906

Neil Smith neilsm at mac.com
Fri Jan 22 16:39:34 GMT 2010

Saw the clip projected off a film projector at USC five years ago ....
35mm image quality was surprisingly good .... have to say, we watched
the film in complete silence and it was totally absorbing ... the more
you watched the more you were drawn back in time ... choice of music
on clip below is distracting to say the least.

Anybody know where the original or best version of the film print is
now? ... would love to project it on in our DI  theater and film it on
a M-X RED ... then restore it as best as possible..... anybody want to
work with me to make that happen? .... it really is a remarkable piece
of cinematic and cultural history that should be preserved in all its
grainy glory.

If you do get a chance to see it projected, watch it MOS and you will
be transformed to a different time ... the slow pace of the street car
is hypnotic as it trundles down the street and the co-mingling of the
pedestrians, horses and street vendors is just mind-blowing.

Thanks for any info on tracking down best available film print ... as
soon as I have a restored 5k version I'll post a link to the QT.

Neil

Regards,
Neil Smith
Managing Director
Hollywood-DI
323 850 3550
www.hollywooddi.com

This e-mail is the property of Hollywood-DI. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the
information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.