[Tig] Fwd: Fantastic footage ...from a Streetcar in 1906

J Pilgrim lists at johnpilgrim.net
Fri Jan 22 21:35:03 GMT 2010

>Anybody know where the original or best version of the film print is
>now? ... would love to project it on in our DI  theater and film it
>on a M-X RED ... then restore it as best as possible..... anybody
>want to work with me to make that happen? .... it really is a
>remarkable piece of cinematic and cultural history that should be
>preserved in all its grainy glory.
>
>If you do get a chance to see it projected, watch it MOS and you
>will be transformed to a different time ... the slow pace of the
>street car is hypnotic as it trundles down the street and the
>co-mingling of the pedestrians, horses and street vendors is just
>mind-blowing.
>
>Thanks for any info on tracking down best available film print ...
>as soon as I have a restored 5k version I'll post a link to the QT.
>
>Neil
>
>Regards,
>Neil Smith
>Managing Director
>Hollywood-DI
>323 850 3550
>www.hollywooddi.com

I think the original is in the Prelinger archives.

I saw it digitally projected recently in this program:
http://fora.tv/2008/12/19/Rick_Prelinger_Lost_Landscapes_of_San_Francisco

See clip #12 for Rick Prelinger's history of the footage and current
restoration/transfer efforts.

More info in case the above link goes down
http://www.munidiaries.com/2009/11/12/archival-sf-films-show-old-streetcars-cable-cars/

Best,
John
SF, CA