[Tig] Streetcar in 1906

Lawrence Towers lawrence.towers at nyu.edu
Sat Jan 23 02:15:40 GMT 2010

Google street view, I didn't know they had it back then! The cameras certainly attracted much more attention to themselves!

As for 3D or colorization, one has to weigh between aesthetics and a possible recreation of a moment in time. The sense that 1906 footage has to look old and monochrome would probably be in conflict with the experience of people who were there at the time. At the dawn of a new century in a bustling metropolis, I hardly think these people thought of themselves that way.

---Larry