[Tig] When to Crop the full gate sacn dpx

Jeff Christopherson jeffcee at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 23 18:05:01 GMT 2010

Hi Carl,

Your reasoning is correct. You should shoot only what you want the
audience to see, therefore you should letterbox/crop the areas
outside of the intended aspect ratio.

I was involved in a 1.85 4K project and we made the choice to scan
all of the full app camera negative to give us the freedom to tilt a
lot and pan a little. We paid for it with space. We rendered 1.85 DPX
files for the filmout which at least saved some space on that side.

Best Regards,
Jeff Christopherson

( currently at the Sundance Film Festival. )
-------
+1 (403)708.3452   ( GSM Canada )
+32 (0)479.959.950 ( GSM Belgium )
Skype: jeffc_calgary