[Tig] Fwd: Fantastic footage ...from a Streetcar in 1906

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sat Jan 23 21:40:46 GMT 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Robert Houllahan wrote:

> I was specifically speaking about motion picture entertainment where
> 3D adds nothing to the story, IMO.

I imagine that to be a valid criticism.  Story (or by extension
script) doesn't mean a lot in profitable mainstream cinema. The
profits don't usually account for art, in at least one major world
culture, that gets its cues from TV.

> I knew someone at Zeiss who was the rep for a stereoscopic
> microscope system which overlaid 3D Cat scan information for
> neurosurgery it was a impressive instrument that used 3D for great
> advantage.

In the 1980s we did some medical 3D transfers from a Rank MkIII,
without glasses, that used a flashing-eof'ing-frame technique that you
had to watch for a while before convincing yourself it wasn't just a
headache.

Rob      TIG admin. founder. colorist
--
Rob Lingelbach