[Tig] A Single Man

Bob Festa bobfesta at mac.com
Sat Jan 30 05:36:47 GMT 2010

Hey All,

Kudos to Stephen Nakamura for his work on "A Single Man".

I saw an average print at an average theatre, but the dynamic color changes from desat to color were really well done.

I know that a color dissolve is something so simple that we all do, but the execution in this picture was well done.

Very evocative of the period, and a great subliminal mood changer, all done with restraint and a steady hand.

I also like the way he damped down the HMI flicker in the overcranked shots.

Great job.

Best,

Bob

Disclaimer. Yes I have done more than one color dissolve before.

Send 1819 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404
Call 310.401.2220 Fax 310.401.2224 Visit www.NewHat.TV
Write bob at NewHat.TV