[Tig] JVC DILA RS25 Projector

Wim van Slooten wim at filmmore.nl
Mon Nov 1 23:11:42 GMT 2010

Hi Colm,

At Filmmore we're using the RS35 in combination with our Baselight HD system and calibration via Truelight Probe and software. I can agree with John Tissavary about the quality. The only problem in our suite is, we can't quite get SMPTE's standard of 14 ft-L (on the other hand, neither can a lot of cinema's we've measured ;-). Our screen therefore has to be a bit smaller to get the required ft-L's. Be aware that new lamps start at, for instance, 14 ft-L, but can drop to 9 ft-L after one week of use. We tend to burn in a lamp before starting a grade. When burned in however, the calibration remains remarkably stable. Apart from this, I cannot imagine better value for money from a projector. Just wish that JVC will do DCI in the nearby future.

Since cinemas in The Netherlands are rapidly going DCI, we're looking for a projector that is compliant with this standard. However all of these projectors seem to have way too much light output for post production. Anybody out there with a suggestion?

cheers,

Wim van Slooten

wim at filmmore.nl
http://www.filmmore.nl