[Tig] ASC manual latest?

Marc Wielage mfw at musictrax.com
Thu Nov 4 07:31:46 GMT 2010

On 11/3/10 5:12 PM, "Rob Lingelbach" <rob at colorist.org> wrote:

> If what I have here is the 9th
> Edition, wonder why they regress to the
2nd... ?

>------------------------------<snip>------------------------------<

Two different manuals.  There's the ASC VIDEO MANUAL (3rd edition):

http://www.ascmag.com/store/product.php?productid=190&cat=294&page=1

and the ASC FILM MANUAL (9th edition):

http://www.ascmag.com/store/product.php?productid=7600&cat=294&page=1

I agree, they should have a new manual that updates the digital info and
provides details, menus and settings for the Arri Alexa, Panavision Genesis,
the Sony F35, the Red Camera (MX, Epic, etc.), and all the other players.
But the technology is such a moving target, they'd have to change it every
five minutes.

Maybe what they should do is just make it an eBook and update it three or
four times a year.

Ah, I miss the old leather-bound brown edition from the 1980s...
<nostalgic sigh>

--Marc Wielage/Senior Colorist
  Lowry Digital/Burbank